The job market is awash with qualified applicants. Yet employers rarely select based solely on merit. Instead, most hiring decisions are gut-level evaluations made in the first few minutes of an interview. What people say determines who lands a job and who does not.
Hiring expert Tony Beshara knows the words that trigger "yes" in the minds of employers-and in his handy new book, he arms candidates with hundreds of ready-to-use responses to even the toughest interview questions. Covering entry-level to executive positions and encompassing all industries, this quick-reference guide propels job seekers through every stage of the process. Readers learn power phrases to:
- Get their foot in the door
- Clearly communicate their skills, strengths, and experience-and why they would be a perfect fit
- Make a great impression at the crucial opening and close
- Score high on the likability factor
- Dispel lingering concerns about work history
- Give follow-up emails real impact
- Negotiate a strong job offer
- And more
After all, when it's time to choose between a candidate who is perfect on paper and one who is persuasive in person, there's no contest . Powerful Phrases for Successful Interviews gives you the right words to make the difference every time.